Bookkeeping is just the beginning
The Accounts Dept strives to be the leading boutique accounting practice in Dubai. We are a team of professionally qualified Accountants with Big 4 experience (and bookkeepers), working with our clientele of SMEs to provide creative solutions for their accounting needs
You may think you don't need an accountant in Dubai. But when you want to attract investment, secure a bank loan or eventually sell your business, you need real accounts.
We've held positions at global organisations such as GE Capital, ABN Amro and PricewaterhouseCoopers. And now we're using that experience in Dubai to help small and medium-sized businesses like yours realize their full potential.
Yes, we'll do your bookkeeping, and we're very good at it, but we'll go much further. Always on hand, we'll get to know your business inside out and become your partner in helping it grow with our passionate, professional approach.
Here at The Accounts Dept. we believe that only when you understand the numbers, and use all the information they provide, can you effectively plan for the future.
So don't wait for an audit to tell you that you should have been doing things differently. Get us going on your accounts, and start making the best decisions for your business today.
+971 56 103 6022
- Australian Chartered Accountant
- Qualified with Grant Thornton in Perth, Australia.
- 13 years experience in professional practice (audit and assurance), industry and investment banking
- International experience including UAE, Australia and the UK
- Worked for blue-chip global multinationals and investment banks such as GE Capital, ABN Amro and Royal Bank of Scotland as well as small family-run businesses.
- Qualified Pilates instructor (both mat and reformer)
+971 50 874 0571
- ICAEW Fellow and Chartered Accountant
- Big 4: trained with PricewaterhouseCoopers, London
- 13+ years experience in professional practice (audit and assurance and technical advisory), industry and ACA training
- International experience includes: UAE and the UK
- 7+ years working in UAE, as a business owner, consultant and senior trainer on the ICAEW ACA programme.
- Enjoys reading and sporadic bouts of charity work.
- Part-time agent for her husband's 'soon to be' best seller, the epic fantasy novel 'Last of the Tasburai'.
- ICAEW Chartered Accountant
- Big 4 - Trained with Deloitte in London
- 26 years accounting experience
- UK multinational experience - including Group Reporting Manager for Thorn EMI in London
during demerger and Amersham International Treasury Department
- 19 years experience of Dubai - including Finance Manager for ME Disney Channel
- Also lived in Athens and Geneva
- Love meeting new people, running on the beach and being mother to 3 teenage boys and a giant dog!
- South African Chartered Accountant
- Qualified with PKF International in Johannesburg, South Africa
- 14+ years experience in professional practice (audit and assurance)
- Specialized in financial services industry; in particular asset management and private equity
- International experience include Bermuda and the UAE
- Enjoys a regular workout at Circuit Factory and being a mom to two energetic boys
What kind of Accounts Department do you want?
If you like the thought of having us around each month, we offer –
Brilliant bookkeepers: Allow us to translate your numbers and empower you to make better decisions for the future. Have us work at your office, or enjoy our takeaway service. Either way, you'll end up with accurate accounts you can understand.
A head honcho for numbers: If you've already got a bookkeeper, we can act as your Chief Finance Officer or Finance Director: we'll review your accounts and go through them with you each month. And we'll always be on hand to answer your bookkeeper's questions.
If you only want us from time to time, we can –
Transform your existing spreadsheets, bank statements, and box of receipts and invoices into a genuine set of accounts.
Restructure your P&L to extract the most useful business information from your accounts.
Help you change or update your accounting system, and assist with transferring the accounts to the new system.
Get your accounts ready for an audit or valuation, and liaise directly with the auditors or valuers. We don't do audits or valuations, but we know people who do.
All about VAT
- VAT legislation requires UAE companies to register for VAT if their annual sales are 375,000 Dhs or above.
- This requirement captures all but the smallest SME sector businesses within the VAT net.
- VAT registered businesses will need to charge VAT on their sales from 1 January 2018, and record the necessary sales and purchase transactions needed for their quarterly VAT filings.
- The Accounts Dept. can assist you implement appropriate accounting software and processes to ensure a smooth transition during this critical period.
Don’t get caught out and suffer fines and penalties from late and/or inaccurate VAT filings
No accounts? No worries! Transform your boxes of receipts, files of invoices and spreadsheets into a genuine set of accounts.
From AED 6,000
- Let the Accounts Dept. manage your accounting needs on a monthly basis.
- Benefit from timely accounting information to understand how your business is performing and gain insight on how to make it grow, with us helping you to make sense of the numbers.
- With the oversight of a qualified chartered accountant ensure you are ready for quarterly VAT filing.
- Starting from only AED 4,000 per month.
- "Julia Hunt has been working for us at Novartis as part of the payroll team since September 2015. Julia’s role of part-time Payroll Specialist for KSA has included: ensuring the accuracy of the monthly payroll, reviewing the HR database to check that all changes to payroll data are accurate and complete, liaising between HR and Finance to ensure the correct reporting of the payroll in the accounts, monitoring bank payments of the payroll and checking that all aspects of the Payroll SOP are followed each month. Julia is professional, has very good attention to detail, is pro-active at recognizing problems and helping to solve them, and has strong inter-personal skills."
Akif Tashkandi, Novartis
- "We have been working with Danielle Jeffries from The Accounts Dept.for two years. Danielle has been an integral part of our business’finance decisions and we value her support and input. The accounting deliverables and professional advice that we receive from her are always spot on. We enjoy our working relationship and look forward to her support in our future growth."
Roy Armale, Founding Partner, Meteor Gulf Events
- "Having managed to close last month’s accounts in record time, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for your support over the past few months.
Being an SME, we often have to multi task and learn new skills - which is what happened with me and our company accounts. I found myself in an initially confusing new world of debits & credits, assets & liabilities, accruals and journals, to name but a few. Thank you Marie-Claire for your tutoring and for navigating us to a robust system of accurate accounting. I can honestly say that I now have a sound understanding and good working knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting procedures required for a company such as ours – which is very much down to your mentoring. Bring on the VAT – we are ready!"
Sarah Economides, Oracle of Order, Engage ME Management Consultancy
- "The Accounts Dept. listened intently and responded to our needs, tailoring a solution for our business. Faiza Khan was the Chartered Accountant who worked with us and was instrumental in installing our new accounting software, which involved the preparation of an opening balance sheet.
Faiza also performed a review of the existing processes, and through a consultative process, worked with us to enhance and establish new controls and processes to capture the relevant accounting data from the various areas of the business, the main ones including the Point of Sales and Stock systems. Faiza was an integral part of identifying changes that would enhance the data generated from the Stock system for the purposes of the accounts. She liaised, alongside me, with the developers of the stock system to communicate the various changes required.
The implementation was not without its challenges but The Accounts Dept. have been supportive and hands on throughout the process, and only ever a phone call away."
Simon Cory-Wright, Managing Director/CEO, Bookworm Bookshop
- "My agency TishTash PR has worked with The Accounts Dept for the past 2 years and I can recommend them without hesitation. They offer a friendly, approachable and highly experienced team which becomes an extension of your own, along with efficiency, the ability to implement simple ways of working and an all round strong service for an SME like mine."
Natasha Hatherall-Shawe, Managing Director, Tish Tash PR and Marketing
Contact us for a free consultation to discuss the service option that works for you
Phone : +971 (04) 399 9396
+971 (0) 56 103 6022
The Accounts Dept.
TAD Accounting & Bookkeeping LLC
Office 406, Al Bedaia Building,
Al Barsha 1, near Mall of the Emirates
P.O. Box 644760, Dubai, UAE